For all the Xbox 360 gamers out there that were dreading the release of the new generation of consoles because their pocketbooks were a bit on the light side and were not going to be able to make the transition shortly after the launches this holiday season there is good news. Microsoft has come out to confirm that they will continue to provide support for the 360 console for three more years in addition to handling the new Xbox One. This news was released by Yusuf Mehdi during Citi Global Technology Conference which took place on September 3rd. In addition to receiving continued support Mehdi also mentioned that there are 100 additional games planned to be released for the aging console while the company slowly moves to phase the console out by 2016 unlike the abrupt abandonment which the original console saw with the release of the 360. I know that I personally don’t have the cash to shell out to pick up one of the new generation consoles at release so I was quite pleased to learn that my 360 would still continue to be usable for quite a bit of time to come. Hope that this news is as exciting for some of you as it was for me and keeping up the gaming and have some fun!
- Xbox 360 to last three more years, over 100 new games inbound, says Microsoft (vg247.com)
- There May Not Be Enough Reasons To Get A PS4 or Xbox One Right Away (kotaku.com)
- Microsoft hints Xbox 360 game support might end in 2016 (neowin.net)
- The Xbox 360′s Not Dead Yet, Microsoft Insists (manolith.com)
- New Xbox 360, Available Now (epicagames.com)
- Microsoft: Xbox One and 360 Can Coexist and Compete (news.softpedia.com)
- Microsoft Executive: Xbox 360 will be supported for three more years (electronista.com)